A collection of Science and Technology-related articles and reports that I found interesting. Do read them.
image courtesy: Verona Area District School
- Carbon Dioxide into the briny deep - Technology to trap & store the CO2 in natural underground cavities
- DRDO's Technology Focus [December 2010] - covers Unmanned Aircraft Systems and its associated Technologies under development in India
- CAD in the cloud - Explores the possibility & feasibility of deploying & accessing CAD software, known for being very resource intensive, from the cloud.
- The man who prints buildings - Scaling up 3D printing Technology to build full-scale houses, including 1 on the moon by 2020.
- How Has WikiLeaks Managed to Keep Its Web Site Up and Running? - With the world's only Superpower desperately trying to shut it down, it made for interesting reading.
- Robots rule at Silicon Valley solar factory - An interesting case-study of Industrial Automation & associated benefits of market competitiveness.
- US looks to India to strengthen co-operation in Ayurveda-Siddha-Unani herbal and botanical products of global standard - Joint co-operation and Research in traditional Indian medicinal practices.
- Food: A taste of things to come? - Challenges of growing meat in the laboratory, bypassing the traditional organic, natural growth process, & infused with necessary flavors and nutrients for consumption by humans.
Possibly related posts:
Suggested reading for the weekend – 2009.11.15
Carbon Dioxide powered Engine for Space travel [India connection]
Dr. Kota Harinarayana: Development of Complex Systems – Issues and Challenges
Know your Jammu & Kashmir [suggested weekend reading]