Found this in the mailbox today [the physical kind], meaning it could have arrived anytime in the past week. Its an "invitation" to attend a conference cum exhibition being organised for/by the Electric Power Generation industry. The event has been divided into 3 parts,
- Hydrovision India: focused on Hydropower generation-related issues
- Renewable Energy World India: for Alternate Energy
- Power-Gen India & Central Asia: Conventional Electricity generation
Not much of an invitation this is, as entry to the conference is to be paid for - no free lunches there, literally. But the accompanying exhibition being put up by the companies can be attended for free. The Exhibitors list has some very impressive names from the Power Generation Industry who would be putting up stalls there.
A good idea, especially for an undergrad Engineering student, would be to simply attend the exhibition on all thee days & start picking the brains of those manning the stalls, learning all about their products & services, collecting their brochures & other paraphernalia, getting to know current trends & latest in technologies that have emerged from the industry. Do this till they are all out of their minds or there is nothing more left to be picked. Once done, move over to the next stall, and repeat process. It would be a good & fun augmentation to the learning curricula.
Moreover, while you're at it, you may also be able to pick up some related topic for the paper you'd have to present or seminar you'd have to deliver as part of your curricula. Get hold of the layout of the exhibition hall beforehand & divide it into 3 sections that you would raid on each day of the exhibition.
For a more formal reason, quoting the organisers themselves as to why you must attend the conference,
- Discover - new ideas, technologies and developments at the leading exhibition and conference for the conventional power renewables and hydropower industries.
- Source - the latest products and services from leading companies and suppliers from around the world.
- Learn - what's new in policy and industry from high profile keynote and leading international speakers.
- Network - with your peers and industry professionals.
- Participate - and be part of the region's premier forum which incorporates a top-quality line up of events including an Inauguration Ceremony, Exhibition, Conferences Networking Reception.
The event is being held at the Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from the 19th to the 21st of April, 2012.